CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2008

"So it goes"...




One of my favorite quotes from a book, Slaughterhouse Five, by Kurt Vonnegut. So it goes... life that is. Life happens. Last night the boys went camping in Townsend with Cameron's cub scout den. This morning they all returned, exhausted and cranky. Cameron asked Eddie if he had had a good night's sleep ("no"). Apparently, Cameron did not because he said he had slept on a sharp rock. Matthew on the other hand, must have slept well. He had visions of dollar signs dancing in his head (dollars already "spent" on some lego set, I'm sure). Matthew lost his first tooth last night while camping. This morning, I awoke to Matthew running in to our room with a huge ziplock bag holding his teeny, tiny baby tooth. He told me the whole story and how he just pulled it out and it didn't even bleed. Since tooth fairies are rarely spotted in campgrounds and we have a friend staying overnight tonight, its my guess that she'll show up tomorrow night, as long as we remember to put his tooth out. So, life is happening... My youngest son, age 5 1/2, lost his very first tooth, the very same week he is about to start Kindergarten. All this life happening stuff is a little overwhelming for mom.


In the midst of tooth fairies, dollar signs and new backpacks for Kindergarten, I had a car accident this afternoon. I really just thought I'd try to add a little more stress to our already hectic life, and that Eddie needed extra icing on top of his stress cupcake. Not a bad accident. Happened in a parking lot, other car pulled in to parking spot, I, through my rearview mirror, saw this, and thinking they were now parked in their parking space, proceded to pull out of mine. But, then I heard a crunch. I guess the other driver didn't like their initial parking job, and needed to straighten out a little. The man's wife asked who was at fault, to which he replied " I guess we both weren't looking" , to which I replied, " I know I was looking because, I saw you pulling in to the spot and was waiting to back out. You must have not seen me, when you decided to straighten your parking job". We exchanged names, numbers and insurance info. Isn't that what you're supposed to do? But, I didn't call the police, there is no report, and no way to prove who's at fault. My guess is that a police report would have been of no good and there's no real way of determining who was truly at fault. Not that I'm admitting guilt. But a little voice is telling me, that calling the police would have been a waste of time. I did at one point in my professional career as a chiropractic assistant, chase ambulances once a week at the Goldsboro Police Department, and have read over 100s of accident reports. Ahh, so it goes...


But, leave it to a child to provide a little comic relief (literally, read on). Only minutes ago, while on the computer, I heard a child stumble across the living room floor from their bed on the couch. I figured it was Matthew. Then seconds later, I hear the sound of one relieving themselves on hardwood. Maybe, he was dreaming he was still sleeping out in the wilderness. More than half asleep, when I asked Matthew if he knew where he was, he asked me, what I was doing! To which I responded, pull your pants up and go back to bed. There's nothing like mopping at 11:45pm. Well, I think I've had enough of life moving forward for one day, I'll go close my eyes for awhile and let it stop til the morning.

1 comments:

Kristen said...

Matthew is so funny holding that HUGE ziploc bag with his itty bitty tooth! Makes me wonder when Karis will lose a tooth. Hard to believe they'll be kindergarteners, isn't it?? Glad that your accident was a minor one!!