CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Saturday, July 26, 2008

One Week Down...

We made it... the first week of school is past us. So far so good. No tardies (Eddie will be proud). The boys seem to be doing well. Cameron has had no problems, smooth sailing. Matthew has had a few hang ups, but once he gets past them, he is just fine. So far his biggest hang up has been gym class. Apparently, during the first gym class this week, they played a game "hug tag". This really bothered Matthew and he was anxious about going to gym again. Luckily, they changed the game later in the week. Matthew is not much of a hugger or toucher when it comes to other people (not necessarily a bad thing). But overall, both boys have enjoyed school.
Eddie is in Honduras for the week. He left early Tuesday morning. I have been receiving forwarded emails from Valerie Shoulders, who gets daily updates from the Karns congregation. We all miss him very much and are ready for him to come home. Matthew asks everyday after school, where daddy is. Cameron drew a picture today titled "The best present ever" - it was of Eddie flying home. I feel like we've been busy enough to help divert our attention- playdates, etc.. But its not easy.
While the boys have been in school, I've been trying to get used to being alone. I'm not quite sure what to do with myself just yet. I'm sure I'll figure it out soon enough. The house has kept me pretty busy. I bought over $1100 worth of light bulbs, smoke detectors and flourescent lights today. and there is still more to get. Needless to say, all that purchasing and trying to find the best deal, threw me into a migraine today. I'm just glad its over.

0 comments: