CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

In the year 2011....

In the year 2000.... if you watched Conan O'Brien back in the day, you might remember this skit he and his sidekick would do every once and a while. Occasionally, those words and the futuristic way they would say it pop into my mind.

In the year 2011.... I've been thinking the past few days about what "new year resolutions" I might make ~ to expand my limited cooking repertoire and promise to cook almost every night (assuming I could get Chef Fleer to give me a few lessons, although I'm pretty sure his 9 year old son can out cook me any day), to better organize my house, or better yet simplify my house, to start running again- with my legs and feet, not around in my car, or to shed those extra pounds I gained over the holidays from the strict Elf diet I put myself on- candy, candy canes, candy corn and syrup.

I could make a few of those resolutions, but I'd never keep them.

This past Sunday, our sermon was entitled Happy New Year. I will attempt to paraphrase Kevin's excellent lesson, by saying this- we need to prioritize our lives. I need to prioritize my life. And I need to start by putting the Lord at the #1 spot.

Matthew 6: 19-21 - Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in or steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

So, I'm going to work on that this year and I'm pretty sure if I can do that, putting God first in my life, everything else will follow. I'll still have to work hard at that list above, but at least I'll know that I have some heavenly help.

My favorite verse from the Bible- Philippians 4:13- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

What will be your #1 priority in the year 2011....

P.S- while it may not be an official "resolution" I have decided to do something that I think will be fun. I'm joining 52 photos in 52 weeks: a journey of discovery with Monika (a local Townsend, TN girl) from iloveitall and her blogger friend from across the big pond, Lisa. Maybe this will be a step in the right direction to learn how my fancy camera works ( I probably need a class too). Check it out!



0 comments: